Instrument of Government
1. The name of the school is Heathcote School & Science College.
2. The school is a Community School.
3. The name of the governing body is "The governing body of Heathcote School & Science College".
4. The governing body shall consist of;
a) Six parent governors
b) One LA governor
c) One staff governor
d) One Headteacher
e) Eight Co-opted governors.
5. Total number of governors is seventeen.
6. This instrument of government came into effect on 1st September 2014.
7. This instrument was made by order of the London Borough of Waltham Forest Local Authority.
8. A copy of this instrument must be supplied to every member of the governor body.
- Mr Ian Moyes (Chair of governors )
- Mr Kwame Ofori
- Mr John Wilson
- Ms Lorna Grant
- Mr Barry Tutty
- Ms Amanda Roper
- To Be Confirmed
- Ms Emma Prestedge
- Mr John Norman
- Ms Nurcan Yazgan
- Mr Mike Ashwell
- Mr Richard Newhouse
- Mr Paul Leslie
- Mr Andrew Blake-Herbert
- Ms Maureen West-Fearon
- Mr Neil Hutchins
- Mrs Zoë Cozens
Committee Members 2016/2017
To be selected from GB and contacted when required. Excluding staff governors.
Staff Discipline & Grievance
To be selected from GB and contacted when required. Excluding staff governors. Members of Appeal Panel are exempt.
Staff Dismissal Appeal
Ian Moyes, John Wilson
These Governors not eligible to sit on Staff Discipline and Grievance. No staff governors on panel.
Amanda Roper (Chair) Lorna Grant, Andrew Blake-Herbert, Emma Prestedge, Neil Hutchins
John Norman (Chair), Barry Tutty, Andrew Blake-Herbert, Richard Newhouse, Maureen West-Fearon, Zoë Cozens
Ian Moyes, Kwame Ofori, John Wilson, Andrew Blake-Herbert, Paul Leslie, Mike Ashwell, Zoë Cozens - Advisor
Finance and Premises Committee
Mike Ashwell (Chair), Ian Moyes, Kwame Ofori, John Wilson, Andrew Blake-Herbert, Paul Leslie, Zoë Cozens
Planning & Development Committee
Ian Moyes, John Norman
Chairs of committee: Amanda Roper, Mike Ashwell, Zoë Cozens
To be selected by the Pay Committee from its membership
Academies — Andrew Blake-Herbert. All Governors welcome to attend
Communications – Amanda Roper, Emma Prestedge, Zoë Cozens