* The curriculum is due for review during the year 2017-18 and stakeholders will be consulted. This is to establish a broad and balanced curriculum and to ensure maximum progress for all pupils.
Heathcote School offers a broad and balanced curriculum, with clear progression routes for pupils of all abilities through Key Stages 3 to 5. The curriculum over time has evolved to meet the changing demands and needs of our pupils, for example, increased intervention for literacy for identified pupils in Year 7, Study Support for targeted pupils at KS4, and a demand led curriculum at KS4 and KS5. At Heathcote, we personalise and extend our curriculum to meet the needs of individuals and groups of pupils as they progress through the school. Our pupils succeed because we ensure:
- All pupils have access to a curriculum that supports learning.
- A strong core means that basic skills are embedded at an early stage so that pupils are able to access the wider curriculum.
- We use our specialisms to influence learning opportunities and raise aspirations.
- The curriculum is inclusive and meets the needs of individual pupils at every Key Stage.
- ICT is used to enhance teaching and learning.
- Our pupils have opportunities to develop their spiritual, moral, social and cultural skills through tutorials and citizenship programmes.
- Healthy lifestyles are promoted.
- An extended curriculum ensures all pupils have access to catch-up, extension and enrichment.
If you have any queries regarding the curriculum on offer at Heathcote then please contact Mr S. Bailey at [email protected].
Please click here to access the Year 7 Curriculum.
Please click here to access the Year 8 Curriculum.
Heathcote is currently updating its Assessment Procedures system to ensure it is clearer for staff, pupils, parents and carers, and enable pupils to know where they are and how they need to improve. This should lead to better and more consistent progress outcomes. Please click here for a draft explanation of the process.
Please contact the relevant Head of Department if you need more information in the meantime.
|English||Please Click Here|
|Maths||Please Click Here|
|Science||Please Click Here|
|Geography||Please Click Here|
|History||Please Click Here|
|Modern Foreign Languages (MFL)||To Be Confirmed Shortly|
|Design Technology (D.T)||Please Click Here|
|Drama||Please Click Here|
|Music||Please Click Here|
|Art||Please Click Here|
|Information & Communications Technology (I.C.T)||Please Click Here|
|Business Studies||Please Click Here|
|Physical Education||Please Click Here|
At Key Stage 4, all Year 9, 10 and 11 pupils follow a core GCSE curriculum.
Please click here to access the KS4 curriculum.
Please see below for our most recent options presentations launched in 2017.
Option choices are made from a carefully structured guidance programme throughout Year 8 to ensure pupils make informed choices for their future studies. The guidance includes:
- Early survey in Year 8 to assess pupil interests in different subjects
- Detailed curriculum booklet that outlines KS4 course content.
- Curriculum evenings to meet senior staff and Department Heads.
- Individual interviews with key staff to discuss career options and suitable subjects.
For more information please see our Sixth Form Curriculum here.