Free School Meals
Your child may be entitled to free school meals if they to go school in Waltham Forest, and you or your partner get one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- The Guarantee Credit element of State Pension Credit
- Support from the National Asylum Support Service (NASS)
- Support from the Local Authority Social Services Asylum Team (SSAT)
- Child Tax Credit, provided that you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit (but see below), and your annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) is £16,190 or less
- Working Tax Credit for four weeks after your employment finishes
If you’re a parent or carer and receive Working Tax Credit you are disqualified from claiming free school meals no matter what your income is.
To learn more about Free School Meals, and to apply, please click here to visit Waltham Forest's webpage for more information.